Monday, May 19, 2008

Training Log

Just a quick post about my own personal training yesterday-

So i started with swinging sticks of different lengths and thicknesses around in figure 8 patterns and then i went on to drawing out my name in the air with the stick. I used different grips and positions on the stick to increase my own adaptability and familiarity with the stick.

I then took one of the sticks and used it to stretch and take my joints through their range of motion, to warm up my muscles and to limber up my body.

Then i moved on to holding the stick, firstly, draped over my shoulders and then in any position i could think of, while moving and rolling on the ground.

Finally, while laying on my back i practiced feeling the pulse in different parts of my body, to enhance my own awareness of my inner state.

Have Fun
Tom

No comments:

Systema Blog